Jay leno's new gsxr 1000

Its good to be the King, at least the King of late night especially if you are as much of a motorcycle enthusiast as Jay Leno is known to be.

The latest news buzzing around the celebrity two-wheeled world is about American Suzuki Motor Corp. presenting “Tonight Show” host and long-time motorcycle enthusiast Jay Leno with one of the first 2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000 models off the production line. The presentation was held on Friday, April 10, 2009, at Leno’s famed Big Dog Garage in Burbank, Calif.

According to ASMC, the presentation was intended as a “thank you” to Leno, for his years of supporting the motorcycle industry and for bringing mainstream awareness to the motorcycle industry.

“Wow, what can I say to a new Suzuki but ‘thanks,’" said Leno, who is retiring from the “Tonight Show” this year. “Not only will this bike make a great addition to my already extensive Suzuki motorcycle collection, it’ll give me something to do with the free time I’m about to have on my hands. I’ve been a motorcycle enthusiast for years and I really appreciate Suzuki’s sentiment in presenting me with this motorcycle.”

The Suzuki GSX-R1000 is the flagship sportbike for ASMC.

For 2009, the Suzuki GSX-R1000 was completely redesigned, boasting a brand-new frame, powerful and compact engine, and more aggressive and aerodynamic bodywork.

The Suzuki GSX-R1000 has won the last six AMA Superbike Championships, it won every AMA Superbike race in 2008 as well as the last 51 consecutive AMA Superbike races.

Comments

Popular Posts